Vegan Power Bowl.
I am one of those people who eats the same foods all the time. I buy the same vegetables and grains and rework them into different meals. Tonight I made a bunch of our favorite foods and put them in a bowl with my homemade dressing.
What you need:
1 sweet potato or yam
15oz of Cooked Garbanzo beans
1/2 of a cucumber chopped
1/2 cup of cooked quinoa
1 cup of vegetable broth
1 garlic clove
1 tsp of curry
1 tsp of cumin
1 tsp turmeric
1 roma tomato chopped
2 leaves of kale pulled of the stem and chopped
2 tbsp of roasted garlic seasoning
2 tbsp of olive oil
How to make.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. Chop the sweet potato into chunks, drizzle olive oil on it and sprinkle some roasted garlic seasoning.
2. Drain the garbanzo beans of any liquid, then drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle roasted garlic seasoning, turmeric, curry and cumin.
3. Place the sweet potatoes and garbanzo beans on a non stick cookie dish and place in the oven for 15 minutes, until beans are crispy and potatoes are cooked.
4. Pour the vegetable broth and quinoa in a pot until broth boils, once the broth comes to a boil turn the heat on medium and allow quinoa to cook. Stir occasionally until quinoa becomes fluffy and liquid dissolves.
5. Chop kale after removing from stem and place in serving bowl
6. Chop tomatoes and cucumber into chunks and place in bowl with kale.
7. Once potatoes, Garbanzo beans and Quinoa are done, place them in the bowl with kale.
8. Drizzle a vinaigrette over the food in the bowl and enjoy!
* If you want to use my vinaigrette the recipe is below.
2 tbsp of each of the following: Apple Cider Vinegar, Olive oil, Dijon mustard and lemon juice. 1 garlic clove chopped, 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper. Mix together and drizzle over bowl and salad.